4/22/13

Right Now: College


Right now, I can only anticipate what these next four months, the four months before my life changes forever and I enter my college years, will hold.
Right now, I will continue to look at this picture, the one that hangs above my desk and occupies the background on my phone, waiting for the day that I get to see it with my own eyes.
Right now, I will continue to make a list of things to do before I leave, the things that have to get done before I can have peace of mind.
Right now, I will continue to study the campus map, even though I have it memorized.
Right now, I will continue to use the 3D map on my phone to explore the streets of downtown Chicago.
Right now, I will continue to read this blog to get a feel for the student life.

Right now, I will try to not cry at the thought of leaving my family members for months at a time, because I still have them right beside me.
Right now, I will try to not want time to fast forward, because I have this time to prepare for a reason.
Right now, I will try to not ignore school work, because it (somehow) is possible to learn something in the last seven weeks of high school.

These next four months are going to fly by. My time to leave and move on to this next part of my life is coming (SOON!) and I have a lot of mixed feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment