9/12/12

People are actually bananas

Tonight I had a revelation: people are like bananas. Now before you write me off as insane, hear me out.

When you look at a banana, you can tell if it's bruised on the inside or not. At least that's what you think. As you can see in the below picture, my banana looks just fine. Take away the peel, though, and you can see that it was icky inside. I think people are like that. Some of us put up a front to make it look like we're fine, but when people get to know us they see that we're actually bruised. Some bananas, though, look sick to begin with. The peel and the inside are gross. I do everything to avoid people AND bananas like that. Why? Because I know those bananas will be gross (aside from those that are actually fine when you take away the peel...). I avoid people like that because I don't want to deal with them. That's something I'm working on, so we won't get into that now.

What is the point of this post? You've heard it before, but don't judge a book by it's cover, or, in this case, a banana by it's peel/a person by how they act.

"Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. The mind governed by the flesh is death, but the mind governed by the Spirit is life and peace." - Romans 8:5, 6 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment